Assistant Director, Annual Fund
This position is responsible for raising funds for the school's current educational programs and operational expenses with the primary responsibility of increasing alumni participation in the School's Annual Fund. The Assistant Director of the Annual Fund will serve as a key member of a dynamic Annual Fund team, working within the larger context of the School's Development and Alumni Relations efforts.
This is a full-time, year round, benefits eligible, exempt staff position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and implement all fundraising efforts for assigned alumni reunion classes with a focus on increasing participation and overall class giving. Recruit class volunteers, determine fundraising goals, and work with assigned solicitors to establish solicitation strategies for leadership prospects in those classes.
- Spearhead large-scale participation challenges including recruitment of volunteers, development of strategy, and execution of marketing plan, in coordination with senior members of the Annual Fund and Development Communications.
- Solicit subset of alumni throughout the year via phone, email, and personal contact and actively record progress within the Millennium database.
- Manage Senior Class Gift initiative including recruitment and training of student leaders and supervision of their fundraising efforts.
- Participate in general Annual Fund operations including planning of direct mail, e-mail and telephone solicitation programs, volunteer newsletters, and strategy sessions with the Annual Fund Team and Major Gift Officers, etc.
- Perform data entry and record keeping for all personal fundraising activity to ensure proper moves management and tracking of solicitation and cultivation progress.
- Attend a variety of events throughout the year including: regional events, donor recognition celebrations, Phonathons, etc.
- Assist at larger events including Parents Weekend, Deerfield Day, Reunion Weekend, future campaign launches and celebrations.
- Other related duties as assigned by the Director of the Annual Fund and/or Director of Development.
- Three years minimum experience in fundraising, preferably in private secondary school education or five years comparable experience in the private sector, i.e. sales/marketing, customer service or political activities.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to take initiative, work independently, and manage multiple projects.
- Highly developed organizational and analytical skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and working with database software.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as required for prospect meetings, events and phonathons.
- Must be available and willing to travel.
To apply, please click this link: choate.hiringthing.com/job/73969/assistant-director-annual-fund