Athletics Department Assistant - Part-Time
Reporting to the Athletics Office Manager, the Athletics Department Assistant provides administrative support to the Athletics Office. The work schedule is Monday - Friday, 12 noon - 5:00 pm, during the academic year.
This is a part-time, academic year (mid-August - mid-June), benefits eligible, non-exempt staff position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all Athletics Office functions in the absence of the Athletics Office Manager. Provide back-up office support such as phones, scheduling transportation, meal organization, facilities reports, officials, etc.
- Download all student information from the Registrar's Office spreadsheet into Power Campus.
- Update athletic team adds and drops and notify coaches, deans, students, and the Athletic Director of these changes.
- Run Crystal reports to create team rosters, captains' and managers' lists.
- Compile excel spreadsheet of all sports' Captains and distribute to Archives and the Deans' Office each term.
- Coordinate all aspects of the athletic awards program which includes purchasing awards and plaques, maintaining inventory levels, and updating plaques in the WJAC, the pool, and the rink.
- Coordinate and order Prize Day athletic awards.
- Create e-mail distribution lists in Outlook for each teams' athletes each term
- Assist the athletic sports information director as needed.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated competency with Microsoft Office required. Knowledge of Power Campus, Filemaker, and Crystal reports preferred. Willingness and ability to learn new software required.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Minimum of 2 years general office experience and knowledge of office procedures required.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills. Must enjoy working with students.
- Must be available to work weekend hours as needed.
- Must have CPR certification or obtain it within 6 months of hire.
- Must be able to work independently, be responsive to the (sometimes conflicting) needs of the Athletic Office, have the patience to make various adjustments to rosters with minimal frustration, and pay strict attention to detail.
- Essential Physical Requirements:
- Be able to lift up to 15 pounds (boxes). Otherwise, it is routine office work with minimal physical requirements.
To apply, please click on this link: choate.hiringthing.com/job/80381/athletics-department-assistant